Monday 22 October 2012


Slow down and enjoy every minutes

My daughter Isabel and I went shopping the other week, and as we come down the escalator we saw a sign with “Christmas Shop Level 1”, this was on the 13th of October 10 weeks before Christmas (and I’m sure it has already been there awhile but I just hadn't see it). Isabel said –Oh, that’s too early, and it just hit me how we live our lives from one occasion to the next without actually enjoying any of them.

No wonder we don’t have the motivation to look after ourselves or exercise. We are just trying to keep up until next event, that needs to be prepared for and celebrated with all the routines and expectations.

Maybe we shouldn’t live our lives so strict after the routine. Don’t get me wrong, I strongly believe in a physical active life, but maybe we don’t have to do 4-5 walks a week as long as we are active. We could go to a dance class with a friend or try rock climbing. Be active and creative, and you will enjoy your active life even more.  

I’m not going to go on with the good old, “time flies” saying; but maybe we can slow down and enjoy every minutes with our weeks not so much on a routine.


Yours in Health & Fitness,
Birgitta


 

No comments:

Post a Comment