Sunday 14 April 2013





Reflections from my two weeks of vegetarian diet

I hope you have enjoyed my recipes, and maybe even tried some. If I quickly would sum up my experiences from the last two weeks, I would say – I’ll not become a vegetarian. Don’t get me wrong I loved the dishes that we made, but I very much missed fish and sometimes chicken. I could do without meat, but I would have a hard time with a diet without fish. 

I already now eat most of my lunches with raw food, but my dinner will always include fish or chicken.

There are so many amazing vegetarian recipes out there to choose from, and I’m sure I’ll do more vegetarian dishes in the future but I will not become a vegetarian.

There's no doubt in my mind that for the average person not used to cooking vegetables, they are far more intimidating than cooking meat, but that doesn't mean it has to stay that way. The first few days or maybe weeks might be hard before you get the hang of it. You need to plan a bit more; you can’t really have your fresh vegetables in the freezer. But before you know it, cooking vegetables will become just as easy as cooking meat was before.

So, if you would like to give the vegetarian diet a try for a few weeks, here are some tips;

·         Start with an open mind. You can’t really fail, have fun and try new vegetables

·         Plan your meals and give yourself extra time to cook

·         Fill your pantry with vegetarian friendly products, beans and grains

·         Don’t fall for readymade vegetarian food, cook yourself

·         Most of all have fun.

This might not be for you all the time, but why not add a few vegetarian dishes each week

Have fun and enjoy something new!!!

Yours in Health & Fitness,
Birgitta


 
 
 
 

 

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment